About the Inn

Photo post card courtesy Ross Deachman.  c. 1920 Nutting / Cole House

Photo post card courtesy Ross Deachman.  c. 1920 Nutting / Cole House

The Tea Rose Inn is a Queen Anne Victorian, 3-story home with a rectangular tower on one side. In the courtyard garden there is an old strain of rose bush that is believed to be part of the original tea rose landscaping dating back to the 1800's. So it only seemed appropriate that we name our beautiful home, The Tea Rose Inn

Plymouth Town records date the construction as early 1883 and the Inn originally served as the home of Edwin and Anna Nutting for many years. Originally, there were three bedrooms on the second floor with five rooms on the third floor that provided servant’s quarters. The original servant’s call bell is still mounted on the wall in one of the third floor rooms. 

The Inn is located on Pleasant Street in a residential neighborhood, just a stroll from downtown Plymouth where you will find many shops and bistros. The town is also home to Plymouth State University and the Inn property adjoins the beautiful campus. Plymouth is in the geographic center of the state and is located between the The Lakes Region and the White Mountains. Plymouth was founded in the late 18th century and has been a vibrant small town ever since.

One local historical landmark is the old Draper Maynard factory building. The Draper Maynard company manufactured sporting goods such as baseball bats, mitts and other professional grade sports equipment and is credited with inventing the catchers mitt. Babe Ruth used to stay in town a couple of weeks every year while he stocked up on baseball equipment. The Maynard House is next door to the Inn and the Draper House is just across the street.

Jane and Frank purchased the home in 2006 with the hopes of opening a bed and breakfast. After extensive restoration of the servant’s quarters and second floor of the carriage house, they were finally ready to open their beautiful home to provide elegant accommodations to visitors to the central New Hampshire area.